Here at Spaceships, we understand that your dog, cat, hamster, nail or even ant is part of the family! So why leave them out of your space adventure?
You can take your well-behaved pets on your Spaceships road trip at an additional cost of just £10 per day. (There may be an additional charge of £200 in the event of excessive cleaning or damage). Maximum of 2 pets allowed. Large breeds (over 30kg) must be pre-approved by Spaceships.
Below we have some simple tips for travelling with your Space companion.
- When driving with pets, you must make sure they are strapped into a safe position in a transportation box if they are small. Leaving your pets loose can cause serious safety issues and a fine.
- Animals leaving Britain will need a microchip, Animal Health Certificate (AHC) and proof of anti-parasite treatment. Please bear these issues in mind if you are planning on going abroad with your furry friend.
- Always stop off after a couple of hours of driving for a nice stretch and walk for both you and your pet. Keeping water and snacks handy is also advisable but make sure the pet doesn't over-eat.
- Never leave your pet in a parked Spaceship. Vehicles can heat up incredibly fast during the day and can cause your dog to have heatstroke. Cold temperatures in winter can be just as life-threatening.
- Bring your own food and water bowls.
- Please make sure to thoroughly clean your Spaceship and rid it of lingering pet hair. Ensure your Spaceships is vacuumed and fresh for the next driver or cleaning charges may occur.
You can find out more and see our top tips for taking your pet on a #spaceshipsroadtrip here.
If the vehicle is returned with too much pet hair or any bite/scratch marks a £200 fee may apply. We recommend keeping one seat covered by a blanket and have this as the dedicated pet spot!
We hope this helps you and your Space Buddy enjoy your adventure in your spaceship!
We'd love to see your pictures of pets on their adventure! Send your pooch pics to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post on social media tagging us.
Facebook & Instagram: @spaceshipsuk